Sunday, November 8, 2009

Christmas Crochet

I had grand intentions of crocheting 25 Christmas trees to form our very own advent calendar.
I've managed two so far, well two and a quarter.

The are about 5 inches tall and five inches across the base when folded flat.
I tried using a pattern, but the first one got undone so many times that I just made it up as I went along. (The light green one is my first attempt.)
I'm trying to felt them but my washing machine water doesn't seem to get very hot and the wool doesn't seem to want to co-operate with felting, so I'll make a bunch of them and find a laundromat.

The kids are going to help with the decorations when the little trees are finished.

1 comment:

Corrie said...

oh they are really cute! i have had no time for christmas craft (or crochet ) but I'm itching to get started!

love your blog and sewing!!
Corrie:)