Sunday, November 8, 2009

Christmas Bag

My Mum gave me a bag once, a very simple project bag. It actually has sheep all over it and she had made lots for her Spinning Group's 21st birthday
I always enjoyed using the bag, possibly because it was so simple.
Anyway I needed to make a bag for my Christmas swap package and I didn't want it to be too complicated (so I could finish it quickly) and needed to fit into the scraps of material I had left over.
I spyed my little bag hanging in my craft room and thought that it would be perfect - with a few modifications of course (since when do I leave good enough alone?).

While drafting the pattern I made a few changes, I made it a little bigger and added enough room to make a gusset (I love my gussets), but basically I kept it pretty much the same.
I did line it though.
And added an internal pocket.
(The inside of this one is done in 'patchwork fashion' ie two pieces were sewn together, mainly because I was making it from my left overs and I really wanted this red inside. It's not as bright red as the pictures, more a lovely rich cherry red.)
I'm very happy with it and a lot of that has to do with the fact I think this fabric looks great with the red inside, but also the shape works well.
Typically I didn't make a second one for me but now have plans to make my own.
Yep, add that to the list.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I think this is my favourite of the current batch!

And there isn't much that can't do with a tweak here and a tweak there to make it just that bit better :)

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

This is a VERY noice bag too. Easy on the shoulder I'd say. Stylish. You're not called "The Bag Lady" are you?